Some of the most common complaints include:
- a broken sidewalk
- garbage cans left on the sidewalk
- tree limbs in the street/in my yard
- tree roots lifting up the sidewalk
- street sweeping ticket
- parking citations
- illegal parking
- a car parked on someone’s lawn
- a fence that does not meet code requirements
- an illegal addition or construction on a home
- construction noise
- an unpermitted vendor
How do I file a general complaint?
Please make sure that you have the following required information when filing a complaint (anonymous complaints will not be accepted):
- Complete address of the violation
- Detailed description of the complaint
- Your name, address, and phone number (kept confidential)
- Call the message center at (323) 887-1490
- Send a fax to "Code Enforcement" at (323) 887-1410
- Send a letter addressed to "Code Enforcement," 1600 W. Beverly Blvd, Montebello CA 90640
How do I file a parking enforcement complaint?
- Call 323-887-1200 ext. 399, Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
How do I report graffiti?
- The address where the graffiti is located - For example, "123 N. Main St." or "At the intersection Beverly Blvd and Montebello Blvd."
- The location of the graffiti (be as detailed as possible) - Such as, "On the south-west block wall," or "On the stop sign facing east."
- Your phone number - This information is needed in case the graffiti removal staff needs more information. Also, please contact the 24-Hour Violation Reporting Hotline at (323) 887-1490. This is a voice mailbox which will accept messages 24 hours a day, and is maintained by Code Enforcement. This line is for non-emergency calls only.
Report an issue on the "My Montebello" App!
Available for android and iphone devices, the "My Montebello" app is a convenient tool for residents to use when reporting common, non-emergency issues to staff. The app reports on the following concerns:
- Animal Control
- Bulky Item Pick-up
- Illegal Dumping & Littering
- Parks Maintenance
- Property Complaints
- Sidewalk & Street Maintenance
- Street Light Problems
- Traffic Signal Outage
- Water Leak
The app is FREE and available on Google and Apple app stores.